Chemical peelsis an aesthetic facial rejuvenation treatment for reducing wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, melasma and uneven texture. After 30 years of age, the process of skin cell renewal begins to slow down leaving the skin surface discolored and dull. Chemical peels accelerate this process, helping to remove the first three or four layers dead cells. Chemical peels also unclog pores, and reduce blemishes, blackheads, and pimples.
With chemical peels, not only the removal of dead cells occur, but also:
- cell regeneration is stimulated;
- skin better absorbs products;
- the appearance of the wrinkles is decreased;
- blood circulation improves;
- prevents the appearance of blackheads and acne;
- water is more efficiently retained in the skin;
- collagen and elastin production is stimulated, making the skin elastic and youthful.
How often to peel? It depends on skin types but can be down once a month. Chemical peels remove dead cells making the skin clearer, as they penetrate deeply into pores and clean dirt and sebum.